At maverick spice, we aim to excite your tastebuds.Our mission is simple, provide quality spices, excellent recipes and wonderful service.
Chili is Healthy for you!
1. Protein-The meat and beans in your chili are an EXCELLENT SOURCE OF PROTEIN, even if you make it vegetarian!
2. Fiber-We all need fiber in our diet and the chili spice along with the peppers and beans are excellent sources. Fiber also helps KEEP YOU REGULAR and slows the rate at which sugar is absorbed into your body.
3. Vitamin C-The peppers-EVEN BELL PEPPERS are an excellent source of vitamin C and A which GIVES YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM A BOOST!
4. Iron-The IRON IN THE BEANS is really good for you and many of us don't get enough iron in our diets.
5. Capsicum-The capsicum found in chilies and the peppers will raise your metabolic rate raising heat production and can actually help you LOSE WEIGHT! Capsicum also lowers your cravings for fatty and sweet foods. Capsicum in chilies increases mucous production, and some believe helps to CLEAR CONGESTION AND FIGHTS COLDS! So go ahead and have seconds!
6. Endorphins and Serotonin-Chili can actually MAKE YOU HAPPY! The Chilies and tomatoes cause your body's endorphin and serotonin levels to go up, so adding more chilies and tomatoes will make you feel better all around!
7. Antioxidants- The *Onion, this vegetable with its sweet flavors and aroma provides your bowl of chili with antioxidants! The consumption of onions provides your body with soluble fiber and flavonoids, and antioxidants that assist in thinning your blood and DECREASING INFLAMMATION AND FIGHTING INFECTIONS!
*You may want to avoid onions if you are on blood thinners
Maverick Spice Company
Your spice, our story
Each bag of Maverick Spice is blended and packaged by hand. As owners, (Brett and Chrissy Bruner), we make sure to put quality and care into every order because we understand that customers are the heart of our business.
We hope you enjoy.